[ic] Most Common Performance Issues

Michael Stearne interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 22 18:35:00 2002

Our site is running IC on a DP 800Mhz Redhat box with 512MB of RAM with
SCSI disk.  This machine runs only IC.  The site is based off of the
foundation sample site and contains about 300 product using the standard
(non-RDBMS) database.  We have seen decreasing performance over the last
6 months the site has been up.  There is up to 4 IC processes running at
a time because of traffic.  Each page on the site takes from 2-10 secs
to generate.  This is across all platforms and browsers at LAN speed.
 If an IC process has the machine to itself (only 1 user on the site),
that process will take 97% of the CPU.  While this is understandable,
even when there is 1 process, it still takes ~4 seconds to generate a
page.  I don't know how a machine as powerful can get floored by 4
concurrent users.

Currently we run expireall each day.  This seems to help a little.

What else could I do (configuration, cron, etc) to work on performance?

Thanks,
Michael