[ic] Order route expandable PGP Key

Nick Hall interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 22 18:49:00 2002

At 04:55 PM 8/22/2002, you wrote:
>Quoting Nick Hall (NickHall@flashmail.com):
> > When orders are placed, I need the credit card number encrypted
> > with a key looked up in a database. I've set the pgp_key in the
> > order route to try both the scratch and data tags, along with
> > setting expandable to 1 in the master route. The tmp/pgp.xxxx.err
> > pgp error file always reports that it can't find the key
> > "[scratch encryptPGPKey]" or whatever I want it to encrypt
> > to -- Interchange isn't interpreting the ITL. Note that if I
> > replace the ITL with one of the actual keys, the credit card
> > encryption happens properly. I looked through Order.pm and it
> > looked like the pgp path can't have ITL in it but I didn't see
> > any reason why the pgp key can't. Has anyone done dynamic pgp/gpg
> > keys and has some clues? I've tried with IC 4.8.5 and 4.8.6.
> > Thanks,
> >

>This is done with RouteDatabase.
>
>     RouteDatabase route
>     Route main dynamic_routes 1
>
>Then in the route table, you would have:
>
>code    pgp_key         email
>main    0x5433445       orders@somevendor.net

I'm not sure if I explained the problem poorly or am just
misunderstanding Mike's response but my problem is this: for
one catalog, there are different cases where different pgp keys
are needed. If the user placing an order is in one class, pgp_key
0x1234567 needs to be used to encrypt the credit card, but if the
user is in another class, pgp_key 0x2345678 is used. There are
many different possible pgp keys so the proper key is looked up
in a table based on information in the user's session. The
hangup as far as I can tell is that I cannot get Interchange to
interpret the ITL in the pgp_key field, even with expandable
set. Thanks for any help,

Nick