[ic] 4 or 5 subcategories?

Marty interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Aug 23 09:29:00 2002

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 02:59, Sebastian Enders wrote:

> I am using interchange since 2 days and I tried to create subcategories. I
> need 4-5
> subcategories, i mean an area with a category, this category with
> subcategories and these
> subcategories again with subcategories and so on....

Hi Sebastian,

What you are trying to do is definitely possible with interchange.
However, the foundation demo (if that is what you are using) does not
support it.   To get multiple subcategories you will have to edit the
page templates directly and do extensive modifications to your database
and loop logic.

This is not a terribly complex problem, but it is not trivial either.
If you have the desire and time to learn interchange then you could
probably do it yourself with some serious study and hard work.  If you
are under time constraints you should look into hiring a qualified
interchange programmer and then after they program the functionality you
need, you can study the code and learn from it.

Hope that helps.

--
Marty Tennison