[ic] CommonAdjust - by quantity and other attributes

Donal H. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Aug 23 11:38:01 2002

Hi,

I'm running IC 4.8.5 with Postgres.

I'm trying to apply quantity discounts to products only within a specific
prod_group.

I've tried the following:

CommonAdjust    :price, pricing:price_group,q11,q26,q51,q101:,
==prod_group:pricing:price_group
AutoModifier    pricing:price_group

My pricing table is as follows:

sku        price_group    q11    q26     q51     q101
00003   cheap              -5%  -10%  -15%  -20%

The products record is:
sku       prod_group    price
00003  expensive             100

However the quantity discount is being applied regardless of the value of
products.prod_group - obviously my CommonAdjust setting and/or the
price_group table are incorrect.
I uncommented some of the logDebug's in Data.pm and don't see any lookup on
the prod_group value so I didn't get any clues there.

Can anyone let me know what's wrong with this?

Also, can pricing.sku contain a range (e.g. '00001-99999') or is the lookup
an exact one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Donal