[ic] Q: Modify Admin UI - Change Promotions (confused)

Philip S. Hempel interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Aug 23 14:14:00 2002

I am attempting to add an aditional field that will be used
under promotions in the Admin UI.

I have already created the sql database fields "Promotions::promo"
(in UI terms) and have attempted to do like I have done in the past to
modify the products UI (edit meta "Item editor" and so on). To my
suprise I don't have the same ability to edit Promotions UI like I can
the Products UI.
And I have looked in the mail list andit states that I need to copy
admin UI files for each catalog and then edit to my likeing.
I just want to make sure that this is the correct way to do
this or is there an easier way?

My goal is to NOT use the same functionality as  promotions
but basicliy create a type of tic mark so that I can have
more than one type of promotion.

The exact thing I am doing is this:

I have promtions i.e. sales, new etc. I want to have
one more field that would allow me to have
"Featured" itmes. This item could also be marked
as sale, new etc.

So I would have one mark that actually is timed capabale
and the other (for simplicity sake) would be just a tik
that on my featured items list could be pulled
up.

This is how it would look in the UI

Promtions [choice]
Teaser [_______________]
Closer [_______________]

Timed [choice]
Start Date [date]
End Date [date]

Is Item featured ? [choice]

If I could add the same functionality to this as
the standard promotions great but that would
be "icing on the cake"

Thanks, confused

--
	    Philip S. Hempel