[ic] MySQL complex search specs in cat table problem

Richard Eddy interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Aug 23 22:45:01 2002

InterChange with a MySQL database does not seem to like complex search field
entries in the CAT table entered like:

mp=0/sf=comment/tf=title/su=yes/sp=eloqresults/se=Eloquence

which it outputs in the browser address line as:

mp=0::sf=comment::tf=title::su=yes::sp=eloqresults::se=Eloquence

Instead, it seems to need complex search field entries to be broken out into
separate lines such as:

mp=0
sf=comment
tf=title
su=yes
sp=eloqresults
se=Eloquence

which it translates in the browser command line to:

mp=0/sf=comment/tf=title/su=yes/sp=eloqresults/se=Eloquence

and then works just fine.

However, when I use Administration / Tables / Import in the Admin
environment to upload a replacement CAT table in which complex search field
entries have been broken out as above, only the first line -- mp=0 -- is
placed in the MySQL cat table field.

If I am doing something wrong, will someone please correct me, or provide a
work-around which would still enable me to use the Tables / Import facility
in the Admin interface to import replacement cat.txt files in which complex
search specs will be handled correctly.

I am managing meanwhile by exiting the table at the MySQL level, which is
not a desirable long-term solution.

Thank you.