[ic] products using inactive

Philip S. Hempel interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Aug 24 03:45:03 2002

Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:
> Philip S. Hempel wrote:
>
>> Just befor I pull my har out, does the usage
>> of the inactive function through interchange
>> or is it built by me into the webstore?
>>
>> I don't want to start off looking in the
>> wrong location to make this work for
>> me
>>
> I just did a grep on the sources for the key word inactive and with the
> exception of the UI for customers, I saw nothing so my initial guess is
> that it would be a feature that you would need to build into your site...
>
> Barry

I did the same (the reason for the question).
I just was hoping that it could have
internalized it somehow with another variable.
(I am not a perl programmer,for me a glob is
something you find on the ground, but I can hack)

I know that it won't be hard since we already have
something to work with from whene we check an item
to see if it is promotions. I figure that I will have to
wrap this function around whatever I have for outputing
products.

I guess you can say nothing easily done can be
good.

One assumption was that the foundation had examples,
since it talked about the use of inactive in docs, I was hoping to
find an example somewhere in there.

Just didn't want to reinvent the wheel
(I really did not want to spend hours on this)

Thanks for the response

--
	    Philip S. Hempel