[ic] How best to get SQL Reports

DB interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Aug 24 17:08:01 2002

I'm running 4.8.6 using MySQL. I need to create a single document for
each order.. combining info from both the transactions and orderline
tables. Being rather new to SQL I thought I'd ask what others do (or
would do). From what I've read, I think I want to create "reports" using
the data from these tables.

I've tried using the report features from M$ Access (XP), Corel Paradox
9 and Sun Staroffice 6.0/Adabas. I can do queries using all three, but
none of them is capable of actually creating reports. They all fail with
some obscure error... different error in each. I don't think I'm asking
them to do anything out of the ordinary, I think the problem has more to
do with running Windows ME.

So my question is how would you gurus go about creating a single
document for each order (name address, skus, etc). Something like a
mail-merge/form letter type of thing is what I have in mind. Thanks for
all hints.

DB