[ic] 1 item in stock bought 2

Philip S. Hempel interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Aug 25 23:33:01 2002

I have been looking at the demo.icdevgroup demos.

Looking at the demo store for 4.9 and noticed
if I bought 9 million of one item that (I assumed that the item
would not have that many in stock)

1. Why does it let me order that many (That would be nice, almost
6 billion dollars!)?

2. If I wanted someone to order this many and did not have it in stock
    should the store say something like
"1 of your 899 million items was not in stock, will you accept the
delayed shipping time of (variable inbase time) before order will be
shipped?"

This in itself (being capable of ordering this many) leads me to believe
that when ordering, the items are in stock and I should accept
reasonable delevery time.

Remember some of the major stores on the net a few years ago ran into
legal problems with orders that were not able to be fulfilled on time
and many had to refund money over this.

I also know that this brings in the question of how to support each
product and it's expected delay in shipping and max quanities per each
item to except even when out of stock (Most would have a hard time
supporting certain numbers of items)

====================
In the admin UI I happend to notice looking at it as a "USER" (not a
systems admin)
Where do I change the default produced E-Mail for the mail lists?
(I saw the section for default sender in the variables)

And where does one add/change lists to be made available for sub?

(I have been using a listmanager (Sympa) that read from the database
each user for what list subscribed and it is fairly simple for changing
default default mail skeleton)

Thanks my $0.02 (US)

--
	    Philip S. Hempel