[ic] GST/VAT

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Aug 26 05:00:04 2002

> > For 4.8 you could have a look at
> > http://www.webmaint.net/interchange/uksetup.html where I
> explain how to set
> > up ic for the uk, including the uk's VAT sales tax. This might
> be of some
> > help.
>
> Whwn you did this for Delta & Switch cards did you also have to hack
> /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Order.pm to suit the starter digits on the
> card.
>
> I did all this for Australian Bankcard, which start 56..., and the
> program said that they did not support type other.  I tracked this down to
> some hard coding in the above script.

In the case of switch and delta, they come up as existing card types,
'discover' and 'visa' I think.

To accept type 'other' you need to add this to your list of supported cards
in UI >> Preferences >> Payment. If you do this, you won't need to hack the
guess_cc_type() sub. Alternatively, you could override this routine in
interchange.cfg. See
http://www.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=ictemplates06%2e01
for a bit of an explanation.

good luck!