[ic] doing a complex search

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Aug 26 11:13:01 2002

> Hello , i want to do a one click search:
> like have it do this:
>
> search for Acura in the Make field
> search for Integra in the Model field
> Search for 1999 in the Year field
> search for Air Filter in category   &   search for Air Filters in
> category  & search for F/X Filters
>
> only bring up a result that is like this.  how the heck do i do this?
>

> sf=category/se='Air Filter'/sf=category/se='Air
> Filters'/sf=category/se='F/X Filters'/

Hello,

try looking here:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=icdatabase06%2e04

You are going to have a problem with your Air Filter and Air Filters lookup
becuase your search will need to find both to return a result, which I dont
believe you want. Try just searching for Air Filter.

You will be needing co=yes and probably some operators in there. Bookmark
that page, as well as:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=icdatabase06%2e11

if you are going to be using IC searches instead of sql. These will help you
out.

HTH

Paul