[ic] Excel/PDF files on-the-fly

Scott Andreas interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Aug 26 17:39:38 2002

Rene,

As far as Excel files go that a big question mark "?" . As far as PDF files
go go to
http://www.mactech.com/articles/mactech/Vol.16/16.03/DynamicPDF/index.html
which has resources as how to build dynamic pdf's I would use the same
instance creating a dynamic text file.

hope this get's you started

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org]On Behalf Of Rene Hertell
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 2:13 PM
To: Interchange-Users
Subject: [ic] Excel/PDF files on-the-fly

Hi,

Has anyone created an excel or PDF file that is always downloadable with the
source pulled out from the db in real-time? I tried to check the excel
export-function from the UI, but that contains too many steps (and I don't
want to write a file to the server when someone downloads these files).

What I would need is a result from a sql query that should be in Excel
format. A formatted version as a PDF-file would then be my next step after I
have solved the excel problem...

I'm able to create files that have text-content like vcards, csv-files etc,
but everything else is seems to be to complicated for the moment...

I would appreciate it very much if someone could give me some hints in how
to solve these two problems.

Regards, Rene