[ic] Most Common Performance Issues

Steve Graham interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Aug 27 18:58:01 2002

>I use the random component on many pages.  I wonder if that could be an
>issue, I kind of need to use the random component, though so I hope there
>is a work around.
>
>Michael

This may be a waste of time, but I have used it as a diagnostic in the
past..... DNS problems can really slow down your server...

If you are using ipchains, then a good way to tell if you are having DNS
problems is type
ipchains -L

You should immediatly get a list of your blocks, along with the resolution
on some of the IP's, or names etc...

If it takes more than a couple of seconds try this:
service network restart

then test ipchains -L out again

fwiw

-Steve