[ic] Tag->data for mulitple keys

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Aug 28 14:15:01 2002

Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:

> mike@perusion.com wrote:
>

>> catalog.cfg:
>>
>>    Database tiers NUMERIC quantity
>>

> Thanks, I'll give that a try.  I did getting it working with a very
> ugly hack, but if I can revert back to the query and get that to work,
> more the better.
>
> Was I simply being blind because I looked and looked and saw nothing
> in the query tag or the SQL examples that referred to that Database
> declaration?
> I presume that this is a compatibility requirement for the SQL
> emulation so that it knows that it must handle the data element as a
> numeric rather than a character, but it sure would have been sweet to
> have that notation in the tag declaration and in the examples...

I remember finding the docs which detailed the Database field, in
paticular the HOT parameter, but can't seem to locate it now.  Anyone
recall where all of the Database parameters are defined?  I found the
WHATSNEW which announced the GUESS_NUMERIC and the examples covering the
various formats, but not this...

Also, Mike had stated to put this into the catalog.cfg file.  Is there a
reason that it isn't actually in the .dbm file for that table?

I'm mentally disconnecting here and I'm trying to understand why 'what
is happening' happens to learn from this process...

Barry