[ic] sendmail and ORDERS_TO

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Aug 28 17:46:03 2002

I'm having a real issue with Interchange refusing to
send email to the addresses set in the ORDERS_TO
variable.  Here are some specifics:

Hardware: SUN UltraSPARC-IIi
OS: version 5.6
Interchange: 4.8.2
Perl: revision 5.0 version 6 subversion 0
mySQL
ISP: Verio Virtual Private Server

The error.log message is

/cgi-bin/csshop/process.html Unable to send mail
using /usr/home/climates/usr/lib/sendmail

The customer receives the correct email but no one
listed in the ORDERS_TO variable.  Right now I'm using a
mail alias of the form:

fulfill: joe1@bob.com, joe2@bob.com, support@fly.site.com

and ORDERS_TO is set to "fulfill@mysite.com"

In addition, I've manually tested the mail server with
the command:

 echo "Test message" | mail -t fulfill@mysite.com

All addresses listed in the alias "fulfill" receive the
email.  I've also run other tests without an alias
(setting the list of emails directly with both comma and
blank character separation in ORDERS_TO) with limited
success (just some of the email recipients receive mail).

The only course I can think of is that the mail headers
are not being created correctly in one of the perl
modules.

Regards,

Wayne Gibson