[ic] Re: How to store, load and/or delete the cart into/from another DB (not userdb)?

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Aug 28 19:18:01 2002

Joachim Leidinger writes:

> racke@linuxia.de wrote:
>> Joachim Leidinger writes:
>>
>>> Hi List,
>>> I've no luck with the mail archives. How can I store, load, and delete a
>>> cart from another db (for example carts.gdbm). Per default, the
>>> foundation store uses userdb.gdbm. But I want to use another DB file for
>>> the carts.
>>

>> What about:
>> $Tag->userdb({function => 'set_cart', database => 'carts', nickname =>
>> $nn});
>

> Hmmm....I need more detail informations. Did I create the database "carts"
> with which format before?

I don't really know that, but I would create the carts database
on the base of the userdb and omit unneeded fields.

> If a lot of users use the same nickname, what
> happens? Is the same nickname still different by teh fields 'code' and
> 'password' in the database 'carts' like the database 'userdb'?

That would be a good idea.

> How can I get the basket, which is stored in the database 'carts' or what
> should I change which codes of the demo shop 'foundation' to display the
> stored carts or stored recurring carts from the table 'carts'?

Modify the *_cart usertags to suit your needs.

> I'm in a muddle!

Does a native English speaker use this term ? Please suggest
alternatives to Jojo, it becomes boring <g>.

Bye
    Racke

--
Prolific Interchange Consulting (Excellent German Quality !).
Take a look at Materialboerse (http://www.materialboerse.de/), WITT