[ic] Re: How to store, load and/or delete the cart into/from another DB (not userdb)?

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 29 09:28:03 2002

racke@linuxia.de wrote:

>>> What about:
>>> $Tag->userdb({function => 'set_cart', database => 'carts', nickname
>>> => $nn});
>> Hmmm....I need more detail informations. Did I create the database
>> "carts" with which format before?
>

> I don't really know that, but I would create the carts database
> on the base of the userdb and omit unneeded fields.

I've tried that. But it does not work, because the table carts has no
content of mv_username and password. If I copy userdb.txt to carts.txt,
all the carts is stored in carts and not in userdb. That is what I want.
But I've to have mv_username and password in the table carts before.

The next step was to use the codes like

[tmp checkcarts][data table="carts" field="password" code="[value
mv_username]"][/tmp]
[if !scratch checkcarts]
[tmp passw][data table="userdb" field="password" code="[value
mv_username]"][/tmp]
[calc]$Scratch->{'cartsdata'} = $Values->{'mv_username'} . "\t" .
$Scratch->{'passw'} . "\t\t";'';[/calc]
[tag op=log file="products/carts.txt" interpolate=1 hide=1]
[scratch cartsdata]
[/tag]
[/if]

first. But are there a better solution?

>> If a lot of users use the same nickname, what happens? Is the same
>> nickname still different by teh fields 'code' and 'password' in the
>> database 'carts' like the database 'userdb'?
>

> That would be a good idea.

Why did IC not use an extra table for that?

>> How can I get the basket, which is stored in the database 'carts' or
>> what should I change which codes of the demo shop 'foundation' to
>> display the stored carts or stored recurring carts from the table
>> 'carts'?
>

> Modify the *_cart usertags to suit your needs.

Bingo! Thanks you very much! :-)

>> I'm in a muddle!
>

> Does a native English speaker use this term ? Please suggest
> alternatives to Jojo, it becomes boring <g>.

Why is it becomes boring?
I'm in a muddle! ;-)

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[leidinger@bpanet.de]