[ic] Sometimes "Note: 1DA: Missing ConsigneePostalCode" - Interchange 4.8.6

Rick Eicher II interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 29 10:24:01 2002

> At 08:41 AM 8/29/2002 -0500, you wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I am finishing up a store based on foundation demo. I started this
store
> >in Jan. and have not touched it for awhile. I have moved it to our
new
> >machine. I did not have this problem then. Of course I have sleep
since
> >then. I have a usertag to calculate shipping for this store.
> >
> >When I first go to the check out page I have no error and no choices
in
> >the drop down for shipping. Once I type in all my info (city, state,
> >zip...) and hit the recalculate button I get "Note: 1DA: Missing
> >ConsigneePostalCode". This to me sounds like it is not reading the
zip
> >field. But, even with the error it is calculating shipping. Without
> >changing any information in the form, I hit recalculate again and I
get
> >the same price for shipping, but the error message goes away.
> >
> >Interchange 4.8.6-1 (rpm)
> >Postgresql 7.2
> >Redhat 7.2
> >
> >What should I do to troubleshoot/fix this situation?
>
> Set the defaults in variable.txt (SHIP_DEFAULT_*) - you can set a
default
> destination zip SHIP_DEFAULT_ZIP so that shipping will calculate
something
> the first time an non-logged in user hits the checkout page.
Alternately,
> you could rework the checkout to collect the destination info before
going
> to the final checkout page.
>
> - Ed L.

I have

SHIP_DEFAULT_COUNTRY US
SHIP_DEFAULT_MODE GNDCOM
SHIP_DEFAULT_ZIP 79768

This is the way that I found the variables set when I check them. With
these set I still get the same error.

Here is part of my shipping.asc

1DA     UPS Next Day Air        weight  0       0       e Nothing to
ship!              {'ui_ship_type' => "UPSE:1DA",'ups' => "0",'adder' =>
"3.00",'at_least' => "5",'PriceDivide' => "1",}
1DA     UPS Next Day Air        weight  0       150     f [ship
zip="[value zip]" mode="1DA"]

The rest follows the same pattern.

Here is my shipping tag.

UserTag  ship  Order mode zip country
UserTag  ship  Routine <<EOR
sub {
        my($mode, $zip, $country) = @_;
        $country        = $::Values->{$::Variable->{UPS_COUNTRY_FIELD}}
if ! $country;
        $zip            = $::Values->{$::Variable->{UPS_POSTCODE_FIELD}}
if ! $zip;
        $country = uc $country;

        my $shipping = 0;
        my $cart = $Carts->{main};
        foreach my $item (@$cart) {
           $shipping += $Tag->ups_query({
               mode => $mode,
               origin => $item->{'origin'},
               zip => $zip,
               country => $country,
               weight => $item->{'weight'},
           });
       }

        return $shipping;
}
EOR

I have Origin and weight set as automodifiers in the catalog.cfg file.

There is nothing in the logs.

Thanks,
Rick