[ic] Re: creating a temporary page variable

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Aug 30 03:40:09 2002

mike@perusion.com writes:

> Quoting Jeff Dafoe (jeff@badtz-maru.com):
>> >  [tmp some_scratch] something [/tmp]
>> >
>> > it goes away after the current page.
>>
>>     I think the tag reference is wrong.  It says for tmp:
>>
>> "Sets a scratch variable to value, but at the end of the user session the
>> Scratch key is deleted"
>
> That is actually correct. I don't know where your confusion lies...
>

>>     That is what confused me.  I went ahead and made a note in the online
>> reference to reflect the information you provided.  Thanks for the
>> additional information, as I was also wondering about the lifetime of
>> variables used in embedded perl.
>>

> All variables in IC, except for ones stored in the user session,
> last only for that page. Even if you set $Config, which you actually
> see quite frequently, it will return to the catalog.cfg value on
> the next access.

The grand exception is $Variable, where changes are persistent even
across sessions, so if you change a variable for one customer, the
next will get the changed value in another session.

Bye
     Racke

--
Prolific Interchange Consulting (Excellent German Quality !).
Take a look at Materialboerse (http://www.materialboerse.de/), WITT