[ic] Sometimes "Note: 1DA: Missing ConsigneePostalCode" - Interchange 4.8.6

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Aug 30 11:38:01 2002

At 09:45 AM 8/30/2002 -0500, you wrote:

> > store
> > new
> > since

>choices
> > in
>state,
> > zip
> > get

> > > Set the defaults in variable.txt (SHIP_DEFAULT_*) - you can set a
> > default
> > > destination zip SHIP_DEFAULT_ZIP so that shipping will calculate
> > something
> > > the first time an non-logged in user hits the checkout page.
> > Alternately,
> > > you could rework the checkout to collect the destination info before
> > going
> > > to the final checkout page.
> > >
> > > - Ed L.
> >
> > I have
> >
> > SHIP_DEFAULT_COUNTRY US
> > SHIP_DEFAULT_MODE GNDCOM
> > SHIP_DEFAULT_ZIP 79768
> >
> > This is the way that I found the variables set when I check them. With
> > these set I still get the same error.
> >
> > Here is part of my shipping.asc
> >
> > 1DA     UPS Next Day Air        weight  0       0       e Nothing to
> > ship!              {'ui_ship_type' => "UPSE:1DA",'ups' => "0",'adder'
>=>
> > "3.00",'at_least' => "5",'PriceDivide' => "1",}
> > 1DA     UPS Next Day Air        weight  0       150     f [ship
> > zip="[value zip]" mode="1DA"]
> >
> > The rest follows the same pattern.
> >
> > Here is my shipping tag.
> >
> > UserTag  ship  Order mode zip country
> > UserTag  ship  Routine <<EOR
> > sub {
> >         my($mode, $zip, $country) = @_;
> >         $country        =
>$::Values->{$::Variable->{UPS_COUNTRY_FIELD}}
> > if ! $country;
> >         $zip            =
>$::Values->{$::Variable->{UPS_POSTCODE_FIELD}}
> > if ! $zip;
> >         $country = uc $country;
> >
> >         my $shipping = 0;
> >         my $cart = $Carts->{main};
> >         foreach my $item (@$cart) {
> >            $shipping += $Tag->ups_query({
> >                mode => $mode,
> >                origin => $item->{'origin'},
> >                zip => $zip,
> >                country => $country,
> >                weight => $item->{'weight'},
> >            });
> >        }
> >
> >         return $shipping;
> > }
> > EOR
> >
> > I have Origin and weight set as automodifiers in the catalog.cfg file.
> >
> > There is nothing in the logs.
> >

>The message as you know is coming from this tag [data session
>ship_message]. From looking through the logs I show to find four
>messages with this problem. The fun part about this is some of them are
>where I responded to another guy having this problem. I seam to help him
>fix his but am now unable to fix mine. :(
>
>Any thoughts on a Friday?
>
>Rick Eicher II

Do you have these lines in catalog.cfg:

ValuesDefault country __SHIP_DEFAULT_COUNTRY__
ValuesDefault zip __SHIP_DEFAULT_ZIP__

Are you logging into the UI, then going back to the catalog and seeing this
error when trying a checkout? Logging into the UI clears many values
including country and zip, overriding the effect of ValuesDefault. Close
all your browser windows, then visit your catalog anew - do you get the
error then?

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax