Solved! Re: [ic] I busted flex_select, help!

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Aug 31 13:43:01 2002

Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:

> Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:
>
>> mike@perusion.com wrote:
>>
>>> Quoting Barry Treahy, Jr. (Treahy@MMaz.com):

>>> Probably a bad mv_metadata entry for the table. Just remove the key
>>> that matches the table name.
>>>
>>> That is why we don't put that table in SQL, it is nice to just edit
>>> the file and correct the problem.
>>>
>> Ok, I'll start scanning the tables that I've modified since late last
>> night, but in the UI at the moment, I cannot get any of the tables to
>> edit; all are returning the same flex_select search error. Last
>> night, the last major set of changes were the addition of locales,
>> which I believe I had already grumbled about and setting up gpg.
>> When my first order test blew with transaction errors, I figured it
>> was time to stop and now returning this morning, well...
>>
>> I'll start looking... Thanks...
>
> I just compared my mv_metadata.asc file from yesterday morning to now,
> and the only change I have recorded when I diff the files is related
> to the available mailing lists...  No new meta keys or elements...

Found it.  I restarted the server first thing today and I had noticed an
oddly named table until moments ago, but it was a mutilated spelling of
inventory.  I had added another index in the products table early
Friday, but hadn't actually did a restart of the server and it seems
that if you have an index for a table that doesn't exist, flex_select
breaks....

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028