[ic] Arbitrary table listings via [page] tag

Richard Eddy interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Aug 31 22:11:01 2002

At 11:35 PM 31/08/2002, you wrote:
>Quoting Richard Eddy (reddy@iinet.net.au):
> > My MySQL database contains an arbitrary table called "ecomposers"
> containing
> > a list of composers with two fields, code and composer.
> >
> > I can display a list of the entries in the composer field beginning
> with "B"
> > using a loop within a page such as:
> >
> > [loop search="
> >          fi=ecomposers
> >          ac=yes
> >          bs=yes
> >          st=db
> >          sf=composer
> >          se=B
> >          su=yes
> >          ra=yes
> >          rf=all
> >          tf=composer
> >          "]
> >      [page scan       ... ][loop-data ecomposers composer][/page]<BR>
> > [/loop]
> >
> > However, no matter what code I put within the
> > [search-region]...[/search-region] tags on page "test.html" I cannot
> > generate a similar list with:
> >
> > [page scan
> >       fi=ecomposers
> >       ac=yes
> >       bs=yes
> >       st=db
> >       sf=composer
> >       se=B
> >       su=yes
> >       ra=yes
> >       rf=all
> >       tf=composer
> >       sp=test
> >       ]My link
> > [/page]
> >
> > which generates:
> >

> .../cgi-bin/buywellic2/scan/fi=ecomposers/ac=yes/bs=yes/st=db/sf=composer/se
> > =B/su=yes/ra=yes/rf=all/tf=composer/sp=test.html
> >

>Remove the "ra=yes".
>
>--
>Mike Heins
>Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting    http://www.perusion.com/
>phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Thanks Mike... but, sorry to say, that didn't fix my problem.

What is happening is that the ecomposers table seems to be being read but
no matter what tag code I insert between [search-list] and [/search-list]
in the test.html page I cannot display the content of the composer field.
If I put [item-field composer] I get blank lines, but the number of blank
lines is equal to the number of matches that I would expect the search
command to find.

Does that help with diagnosis?

Richard Eddy.