[ic] Re: ssl

Brandon Mercer interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Dec 3 18:22:00 2002

On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 17:59, Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:
> Brandon Mercer wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 17:22, Stephen Atkinson wrote:
> >

> >>Hi,  Will a home-made ssl cert work with interchange for testing  or must
> >>you use one from a certificate authority?

Right here was the point... for testing purposes.  We're both right as I
said VALID meaning what you said, repudiation... meaning the transaction
occured with who you thought it occured with... CA also confirms that
you, the owner of the cert, are who you claim to be... Again,
validitity.  Hehe, detail is always good and I guess I oversimplified
this one.  :-)
Brandon