[ic] Where are the products and settings saved?

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Dec 5 21:11:00 2002

This is the reply from the host when I told them that I had the catalog
folder copied and was ready for them to reinstall....
------------------------------
Hello david,

We need to DELETE your entire site and REINSTALL it fresh.
You will lose ALL FILES.
You will need to have a BACKUP of all files.
You will have to reupload your site and reconfigure everything.

Please provide your current account PASSWORD as authorization.
------------------------------

The problem is that this isnt my host, it's one of my clients host.
He isnt willing to move(even though I recomended it when they changed
servers and sent an email for everyone to back up by friday, because they
were upgradeing over the weekend... then did the upgrade on wednesday)

I'm downloading the version they are useing now, Thanks for your help.

**************
> > My web host offered interchange as the free shopping cart, but I
have a
> > corrupted file now. I would like to get that file replaced
(catalog.cfg)
> > but the only way they can replace it is to reinstall interchange on
my
> > site.
*************
Frankly, if they don't perform regular enough backups (or they aren't
easily/cheaply accessible to them) then you should ditch them. The fact
that
they couldn't replace your catalog.cfg file says something about their
skill
level with a product they host, but the fact that they won't help you
from
backups will eventually be disastrous.

-- Ryan