[ic] Interchange->Paypal question Follow-up

Bill Olik interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Dec 6 02:41:01 2002

In September, there were a couple of emails talking about how the paypal
howto:
http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/howto/paypal-how.txt
does not exactly work as described, and some workarounds of how to fix
it was described:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/archive/interchange-users/2002/msg12810.html

I ran into a similar problem with interchange 4.8.6: when I followed the
paypal howto, I was redirectd to the receipt after I placed an order,
instead of redirecting to paypal. The paypal redirect works just fine
when I select that page directly. What version of interchange was the
fix in the forum implemented?

 From the first line of the response:
 >You have to include the input type hidden variables and make sure your
routes are set up correctly.

What routes? From the sample, the routes don't look any different then
the default (aside from quickbooks):

[comment] Order routes in catalog.cfg [/comment]

    <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_order_route
VALUE="[either]__ORDER_ROUTES__[or]log quickbooks main
copy_user[/either]">

I am guessing that this is from a 4.9.x version.

Also, there was a comment on changes in the etc directory:

 >You will also have to change some of your files in your etc directory
to say instead of Payment Method: Incomplete to say PayPal.

What were the other changes that were made in the etc directory?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone who
has paypal working in 4.8.x, can they post their changes?

Thanks,

Bill
http://www.teachercircle.com