[ic] If and component problem

Alex Lofaso (Planetanime.com) interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Dec 9 12:00:01 2002

Hello list.

I have written a custom component to display preorders based on what page
you are currently on.  For example if you are on a book page preorders for
new book products are displayed.  My problem is if there are no preorders
at this time I don not want the component to show up.  Being that my
component runs off a table called preorders with a column named area.  I
use the name of the page to match the area field and display results.  So
I though I could just test the data in the preorder table with an [if].
This is what I have, but it always evaluates to false thus never
displaying.
[if data preorders::area::@@MV_PAGE@@]
My component yatta yatta
[/if]

My table is a mysql table so I don't know if that makes any difference in
this situation.  Thanks for the help.
Alex Lofaso