[ic] If and component problem

Michael Goldfarb interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Dec 9 15:27:00 2002

>>> [if data preorders::area::@@MV_PAGE@@]
>>> My component yatta yatta
>>> [/if]
>>
>> Try to use a scratch-variable:
>>
>> [seti foo]@@MV_PAGE@@[/seti]
>> [if data preorders::area::[scratch foo]]
>> My component yatta yatta
>> [/if]
>>

>> René
>>

>Thanks for the help Rene, but I am still having no luck.  Is there
maybe a
>better way to test for data?  I know that foo is being set properly as
>can output it in the page.  And I'm using 4.8.6...
>Thanks
>
>Alex

Have you created a file in your dbconf folder for your preorders table?

I don't think that you can use the IC [if] with a table if it is not
defined inside dbconf.

I could be wrong, but try creating an entry inside dbconf using any of
the existing files in that directory as a guide.

Then restart IC and try running the [if] statement again.