[ic] /sigh .. host cant import key.

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Dec 9 20:28:00 2002

I hate to bother ya'll again, I'm going to post the trouble ticket that I
have with my host.

I'm not sure what to do now. If I'm missing somthing please let me know.
If you have any suggestions please let me know.

All I want is to have encryption working.

ps: during this time we have had 3 orders, and we will need to call those
people back to get a credit card number.

This makes us look bad.

David

**********

-----------------------------
[Opened] 12/06/2002 10:22 PM
---------------------------
I have discovered what my interchange/gpg problem is.

I have gpg setup correctly on my web space, however it s not installed
correctly for my interchange cart (or so i m told.)

Below is the information I have on the gpg/interchange setup problem i m
haveing.

-------------------------
That is where the help of your Host comes into
play. They need to Import the key into the .gnupg directory of the
Interchange user. They should know who the user is, otherwise they could
not restart the program for example.

So, e-mail the support, tell them where your public key is located and
have them do the Import command as the user of Interchange. This should
put it in the correct .gnupg folder and then it should work with the other
things you have done.
---------------------------

My public key is called ky.asc and is uploaded into the /catalogs/johndfff
folder.

Please install the gpg key as the interchange user for me.

David.

-----------------------------
[Update] 12/06/2002 10:26 PM
-----------------------------
btw, the link that gave me this information is below =)

http://interchangeville.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129

-----------------------------
[Opened] 12/07/2002 01:42 PM
---------------------------
I opened this ticked last night, and it still has not been processed, so i
m sending it again in hopes that I was stuck/lost along the way.

David

-----------------------------
Hello david,

We are currently working on this. We should get an answer back to you
shortly.

Thank you for your patience.
-----------------------------

-----------------------------
Hello david, we provide ZERO support for the free scripts... i am sorry.
You can contact the author of the script.
-----------------------------

[Update] 12/08/2002 01:01 PM
-----------------------------
a) the only person who can import the key for GPG encryption for
interchange is the web host.

b) I m not asking for support, i m asking ya ll to do what
cpanel/interchange requires to be done by you. I have already set up the
key, it s waiting to be imported into the GPG user that interchange uses.

c) you can NOT use interchange without the key imported. interchange does
not store the credit card information unless it s encrypted, so without
it, we
cant take credit cards.

--

this is the command from the interchange form Admin(aka the support for
interchange)

This is exactly what they say needs to be done.

Just FTP your public key to your account.
Tell support where it is located.

They Telnet/SSH into the server and give the following command:

su cpanel -c gpg --import /home/user/publickey.asc

Now the last part (path etc.) they have to fill in.

Hello david, i am sorry... we tried that, and it did not work...