[ic] how do I access the active-item data variable with ic 4.8.6

stjohn interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Dec 11 15:08:00 2002

I am currently trying to develop a product/item specific news component
based on Ton Verhagen's very good news component e.g. news related to a
specific item/product as opposed to just general news. What I would like to
do is display news down the right hand side of the html page that is
specific to the item that the user has clicked on. I have modified the news
component to include an item-code which I can use to relate the news article
to a specific item, however I need to be able to determine which item is
being displayed on the screen so I can filter my new database table for
those specific news articles - how do I access this data, is there a global
variable that is set to represent the data I am looking for or active item ?

many thanks,

Stjohn