[ic] date widget format data

Russell Mann interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Dec 18 16:11:01 2002

Hello List,

IC. 4.8.3 on RHL 6.2, mySQL data.

I'm trying to use a date widget for customers to select a date for an
e-product to send to a gift recipient.  I have everything together except
the date widget part:

[widget type=date NAME=datetosend]

This creates a form like this:

<select name=datetosend><option value="01">January (etc. to december)
<input type=hidden name=datetosend value="/">
<select name=datetosend><option value="01">01 (etc to 31)
<input type=hidden name=datetosend value="/">
<select name=datetosend><option value="2001">2001 (etc to 2012)

This value seems to carry just fine across multiple forms in the IC checkout
process.  Where it gets messy is when I try to log this date to an SQL data
table:

in etc/log_transaction:

Added [item-code] to gift_memberships: [import table=gift_memberships
type=LINE continue=NOTES]
(bunch of stuff added)
date_to_send: [value datetosend]
[/import]

What I get in the data table is just the number for the month that was
selected.  The field is set to varchar(255).

Another problem is I'd like to be able to have my date value formatted as
YYYY-MM-DD.

So, two questions:

1.  How can I get a date widget value to store to the DB with the full
string instead of just the first part?
2.  How can I get the date widget to format the value to YYYY-MM-DD?

Thanks,

Russell