[ic] need to install gcc for Interchange Tarball,

Paul Arnold interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Dec 19 09:05:01 2002

>You're working on Intel-based platform, right? So why would you want to
>install cross-compiler? Are you gonna run final IC on some other
platform
>(PA-RISC, MIPS, SPARC, POWER)?

>Sergiusz

Yes I am working on a P4 1.8ghz machine. I successfully installed IC on
another machine several months ago. That version was 4.9.1. I had used
the RPM's setup on that.
So now I working on this p4 machine to install the new 4.9.5 version,
and I can't seem to get the admin section to pull up. I can pull up the
customer entrance, but when I click on something on the screen, it just
shows Page not found, like  404 error, the same error when I click on
the admin section.
So someone on the mailing list suggested using the tarball install.

I would like to use the RPM because I know where it put most everything.
I also install as root. Maybe I wasn't doing something right with my rpm
install, and that is why it isn't working.

Paul