[ic] Survey results

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Dec 19 12:00:01 2002

>  PJ> Now that I re-read your email, I realize that I
> misunderstood you.
>  PJ> I
>  PJ> believe that
>
>  PJ> [forum top="[item-code]" display_page="forum/display" /]
>
> I found the setting to turn the forum off completely, which is good
> enough, if we don't have time to moderate the content.
>
>  KS

Yes, true, but with my last post I would like to add I was getting at
not using the forum on the website, but still using it's facilites...
not as a forum, but as an easy way to collect information quickly per
item. Maybe like "send comment about item to store owner", and then you
would comment our the actual display of the forum.

I think that is what you intended in the first place. For a customer to
be able to comment, however not see the forum at all.

I remember back in the day I tried "converting" the saved carts
functions to a "lightbox" for media.... Whoa! that was a ride... but
since then our "mediaboxes" have evolved into their own very powerful
application with add/delete/move/copy/collaborate functions.

Don't be affraid to use the provided tags as not what they were intended
for (that is how they evolve). I don't believe we have use for a forum,
but I am guessing I can use this tag as maybe a "suggest keywords" for
our digital content. Or Maybe I can use this as an account function as a
Client/Artist Collaboration tool, you know like leaving notes back and
forth in their "area" regarding a project.

Anyways, as I said, my last post will do exactly what you wanted to do,
and there would be no forum to moderate.

Regards,
Paul