[ic] Accessing modifer value in perl

Thu Dec 19 18:34:00 2002

Quoting Ron Phipps (rphipps@reliant-solutions.com):
> > From: Mike Heins
> >
> > Quoting Ron Phipps (rphipps@reliant-solutions.com):
> > > This works even if the modifier is pulled from the options table. The
> > > documentation mentioned that any attributes besides the ones mentioned
> > > (mv_ip, price_group, mv_ib, code, size, color, quantity) would need
> > > be displayed using [item-modifier modifiername].
> > >
> > > If all modifiers can be accessed using the $item hash without a call
> > > item-modifier then I will add a note to the docs.
> >
> > I don't know what part of the docs you are referring to, but $item is
> > always set to the value of the current item's hash reference. Any
> > modifier that is set would by definition be available, no matter how
> > it was set.
> >
> > --
> > Mike Heins
>
> The section of the docs I was referring to is here:
>
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/docfly.html?mv_arg=icfaq07%2e04
>
> I'll add a note or perhaps I should make the changes in the new Wiki
> docs?

I don't understand the problem. Perhaps you can change the docs to
say unambiguously that the modifiers are always available via
embedded Perl? But it doesn't say they are *not* now.

In fact, [item-modifier code] gives you the SKU. [item-modifier mv_ib]
gives you the base products table. Both always work. Perhaps you can
state that unambiguously.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

I am a great believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work
the more luck I have. -- Thomas Jefferson