[ic] missing credit card number on occasional orders

Neil Hambleton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Dec 19 23:55:01 2002

About once a week a customer submits an order successfully, and the order
email is sent out, but with missing credit card deatils.
The order appears normal and can be viewed through the back-office.
Unfortunately there is no record of the credit card number anywhere.
The vast majority of orders are OK, but this occasional problem is causing
some concern.

In the error log I get:
192.234.241.102 5XbjaLGg:192.234.241.102 - [20/December/2002:01:00:04 +0800]
action-hq /cgi-bin/action-hq/process.html PGP failed with status 0:

In the tmp/ directory I get 2 files created.
-rw-rw----    1 interch  interch         0 Dec 20 01:00
pgp.5XbjaLGg.32688.out
-rw-rw----    1 interch  interch       210 Dec 20 01:00
pgp.5XbjaLGg.32688.err

pgp.5XbjaLGg.32688.err contains:
Pretty Good Privacy(tm) Version 6.5.8
(c) 1999 Network Associates Inc.
Uses the RSAREF(tm) Toolkit, which is copyright RSA Data Security, Inc.
Export of this software may be restricted by the U.S. government.

It seems to relate to an PGP error (Status 0), yet most orders go through
encyption OK.
Since the .out file is empty, I presume there is no way to retrieve the
credit card number. But does anyone have any idea what is going wrong, and
how I can avoid this in future?

Thanks,
Neil

IC 4.8.6