[ic] performed perfect tarball install, and still have same problems

Paul Arnold interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Dec 22 09:59:00 2002

Hello,
Yesterday, I reinstalled the SME Server, which reformatted my linux
machine. I read on the SME e-smith.org website in the FAQ section, that
in order to be able to make and compile programs, I needed 8 files,
which they listed for me.
I grabbed my redhat discs, and copied those files on to my machine. I
ran the rpm -Uvh make-* gcc-*, etc command with all the files included.
It installed all those files perfectly without any dependencies, or
conflicts.

Then I downloaded the interchange 4.9.5 tarball
After extracting it, yesterday, I ran ./configure and for about 10
minutes it did all sorts of stuff. Every so often I had to press enter
when it asked me a question. Then it said it installed just fine, and
for me to run makecat
So I performed ./bin/makecat It took a couple of times to get all my
directories in the catalog just right, but I managed to get makecat to
end successfully.
After doing the chown on the proper files that I did on my other
machine, which works great, I decided to load it up in my browser to see
what I have.

I brought up the customer and admin entrance screen. I clicked on the
customer entrance, and it brought up the front page with all the tools.
I clicked on everything on the page, and I get a page not found.
Probably a 404 error.

So I went back to the cust admin entrance, and clicked on admin, I get
the same problem, it wouldn't load up the administration back end.

This is the same problem I had when I did the rpm install

I must not have a file in the right place or something...

Thanks for being very helpful

Paul