[ic] Building Components

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Dec 23 14:35:01 2002

> I've redesigned all of the templates in a foundation demo and I'm
> having difficulty getting components to work.
>
> The components show up within the pages, but not in the page editor.
> Is there some trick to getting the control widgets to show up in the
> editor?

Have you renamed them? The top of the component definition file, within the
[comment] section, tells the UI about that particular component, eg:

ui_component: cross
ui_component_type: content, vertical
ui_component_group: promotions
ui_component_label: Cross-sell or specific feature
ui_component_help: depends on setting cross_codes or cross_category in page,
\
falls back to featured/specials.

If I were to rename the 'cross' component to 'cross.txt' then I would need
to change the ui_component definition to the new filename.

> I also don't see the popup menu that lets you select a component for
> inclusion in the page.

ui_component_label is used in the combo where you select the component in
the ui page editor. My money is on the ui_component not matching your names
though..

Jonathan
www.webmaint.net