[ic] Building Components

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Dec 23 15:27:00 2002

> The big problem I'm having is that I don't have a component selection
> box in the editor.  If I create a page based on my templates it
> contains the page title field, the members only field, and the content
> field -- no components.

ok. Your regions need to have some [control] tags in them. These define
where a component can be inserted. From LEFTRIGHT_TOP:

    <!--Left Sidebar-->
      [include file="templates/components/[control component
search_box_small]" group=vertical][control]
      [include file="templates/components/[control component
category_vertical]" group=vertical][control]
      [include file="templates/components/[control component none]"
group=vertical][control]
    [include file="templates/components/[control component none]"
group=content][control]

Here there are definitions for three components in the left part of the
page, and one at the top of the main section.

Jonathan
www.webmaint.net