[ic] Brick and Mortar POS

Joshua Lavin interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Dec 27 08:55:00 2002

> I am wondering if there is any Interchange-based POS available out
> there and
> at what kind of costs.  Here is a wish list of features we are looking
> for.

Interchange-based is doubtful. I looked for many months to find an
inexpensive integrated store & web system. The best I could do at the
time was a POS from Lode Data Systems, called The Assistant Manager.
(http://www.tamretail.com/)

I have made it integrate with IC, although poorly.

There's also Concierge, which I've heard good things about. Look on
Sourceforge for it.

> sql based

MS-SQL

> layaways by number, with payments trackable by cashier reconciliation
> fast, intuitive POS front-end
> epson printer/ receipt printer
> web based??

Don't know about layaways. Has Weblink module, which is what we use with
IC.

> Linux based??

Nope.

> Inventory - take abilities(physical inventory) small program that runs
> on
> laptop or palm w/scanner
> stock recieving module
> regular price 2x69 pricing too
> reconciliation by cashier by date
> network 4-5 stations
> label making or label support or label export

yes

> MATRIX for products (size and color) shows sales inventory per option

coming in ver 9 :-) This is one of the parts that's poorly integrated
with IC.

> good reports

Crystal Reports

> spanish??

no

> reorder based on sales
> reorder by supplier
> exchanges
> Cashier can do all functions with keyboard.  No mouse neccessary.
> cashier can do simple price changes.

yes

> sql query client
> import new products from text file
> product assembly (i.e. 1 blanket + 1 sleeper = baby outfit)
> small network load. (maybe wireless)

not sure

Josh