[ic] 500 Internal Server Error (No Problems Apparant)

Adrian P Wilkinson interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Dec 29 11:47:01 2002

Dear List,

I've been playing with Interchange on a very old and slow Pentium machine
locally running FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE and have now tried installing it on a
dedicated server being hosted with C I Host, which is running "Linux
2.4.20-ci #12 SMP" on an AMD Athlon XP 1700 machine.

I do a './configure' in the directory that I untar'd 4.9.5 into, followed by
a 'make test' and 'make install'; the user is 'interch' and the directory
'/usr/local/interchange'.  A catalog has been created ("foundation" using
the tools for demo purposes) running in 'U' (user) mode with the catalog
under /home/interch/catalogs/foundation.  The catalog files and program
files are all owned by the user 'interch'

Here is the output of './restart' : -

- snip -
Sending debug to /tmp/icdebug.
Low traffic settings.
Calling UI......UI is loaded...
Interchange V4.9.5
Configuring catalog foundation...Using default DBM database...done.
Interchange server started in UNIX mode(s) (process id 27087)
- snip -

When I visit http://www.caliconn.co.uk/cgi-bin/foundation, I am greeted by a
500 error, which logs the following in the Apache error log: -

[Sun Dec 29 10:33:28 2002] [error] [client 62.31.224.3] Premature end of
script headers: /www/caliconn/cgi-bin/foundation

The /tmp/icdebug file contains only "Start DEBUG at Sun Dec 29 10:32:56
2002" ~/catalogs/foundation/error.log is blank.  Incidentally, I'm running
this on perl v5.8.0 freshly compiled this afternoon.  There doesn't appear
to be a lot of information to help me debug this, so any suggestions would
be most welcome.  The 'foundation' file in the /cgi-bin/ directory is set to
run as user interch with SUID flag set; upon the advice of some other
postings in the mailing list archive, I've tried 'chmod u-s foundation' but
I get the same result.

Regards, Ade.