[ic] updating drop down select menu box when value is in prev ious select box

Dennis Chen interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Dec 31 14:53:00 2002

> Maybe I am not searching the right words in the archives, but I cant
> seem to find any help on this question.
>
> What I have is multiple select boxes on a search page, Make,
> Model, and
> Year.
> I want to be able to select lets say "Honda" under the "make"
> then have
> the Model select box appear with all options that matches
> "Honda". I am
> trying to use something similar to onChange="this.form.submit()" but
> that doesnt work because I don't I have a search page specified. and I
> dont know anything about javascript.
> This is what I have so far, which is probably far from the solution.

I was looking into this before for something else but for what you want to
do, you'll have to load all the values into the javascript, and so if you
want to load your values from the database, you cannot have a dynamic select
box.  You would need to change that page/file everytime you have to
add/delete your items.

check out www.cars.com and view their source for further insight.

Dennis