[ic] CommonAdjust directive and quantity pricing

Dog Tags interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Feb 2 07:36:01 2002

Yeah, that might be it, Ed.

Is there a way to get rid of these overriding things that are in etc/after.cfg?

In other words, what could be changed elsewhere that would make ic NOT look at after.cfg?

BTW, what's the purpose of after.cfg? It seems like overkill. Why have config data in multiple locations?

Also, is there a way to dump the Dealer features in Foundation? These are also in after.cfg.

What I'd like to do is get the good ol' basic pricing and other features working in 4.8.3 Foundation because with a little tweaking, Foundation will do what I need, I believe.

It would also be nice if there were several fully working demos of different levels for different applications. This could make IC a little more plug-and-play for most users.

Two more things:

1. Quantity Discount pricing works correctly in the Construct Something demo - and the Construct demo does NOT have an after.cfg file

2. In Foundation Admin, when you update the Descrip of an Item, that works fine. However, when you try to update the price or the qX quantity prices, they change in Admin, but they do not change in the cart, even after hitting the "Apply Changes" button.

Many thanks for your help.

=========================
> I bet this is etc/after.cfg screwing you up, as it has me and others. Take
> a look at the file (in your catalog's etc subdir) - it contains a variety
> of price-related directives which override the ones in catalog.cfg.  I'm
> beginning to think this was a bad idea, given how many people it appears to
> be foiling...
>
> - Ed L.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Win a ski trip!