[ic] CommonAdjust directive and quantity pricing

Sat Feb 2 12:11:01 2002

Quoting Dog Tags <dogtags@doglover.com>:

> Yeah, that might be it, Ed.
>
> Is there a way to get rid of these overriding things that are in
> etc/after.cfg?

Just comment out (or remove) the line 'include etc/after.cfg' in your
catalog.cfg.

> In other words, what could be changed elsewhere that would make ic NOT
> look at after.cfg?
>
> BTW, what's the purpose of after.cfg? It seems like overkill. Why have
> config data in multiple locations?

Apparently the idea was to provide a simple way to modify the cfg based on the
type of demo the user wanted, i.e.: retail only, wholesale & retail, etc., when
running makecat or using some kind of config wizard.  But the core team agrees
that it is just causing too much confusion and I understand it is to be removed
in the next release.

> Also, is there a way to dump the Dealer features in Foundation? These
> are also in after.cfg.

See my note above for this and the rest of your message.

- Ed L.