[ic] UPS/FedEx WWW Lookup Charge Type

Jerry interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Feb 2 18:42:01 2002

> I was not aware that there was a CPAN module that gets live
> shipping rates
> data from UPS - this is great.
> Business::UPS - Enables lookup of shipping costs directly from
> www.ups.com.
> Where can I find more information about implementing this, and
> the fallback
> if it timeouts?

If you have Business::UPS installed or the Interchange Bundle,
this is fully implemented in Interchange. We've been using
it for quite a while. Check the shipping files in the construct
demo and you should find everything you need. There were, anyway,
complete setups for implementing it.

We've never had a single failure with UPS lookups this way, even
when retrieve quiet a few different methods. FedEx on the other
had, wasn't do reliable when getting more than one or two
methods. We fell back, for the time being, to local lookups
on sites using FedEx.

Jerry Uphoff