[ic] hosting

Mon Feb 4 19:34:00 2002

At 07:17 PM 02/04/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm still looking for hosting but I would need help with moving the domain
>name and reconfiguring the ic cart for the new name. I have done my own
>designing but worried I don't have the skills to move everything in concert
>for no down time on my current website. If this sounds like something you can
>offer as a service along with hosting please email me at steve@airdelights.com

Yes.  If you have me install Interchange for you ($40 fee) we can take a
tarball of you existing cat and set it up in the new hosting account for no
extra charge.  With regards to moving the domain name, you have control of
your domain via your registar; I provide name servers for my hosting
customers and you would need to update your domain registration with those
new name servers.

We can discuss strategies for making the change as smooth as possible, but
you will be looking at some downtime, though we can probably minimize it to
a matter of minutes.

1.5MB a day is about 45MB a month, which is comfortable for a shared
hosting enviroment (you get a 5GB allotment with your Interchange hosting
account).

- Ed L.