[ic] 3 questions regarding options, JavaScript and thumb images

Tue Feb 5 16:40:01 2002

Quoting Julia Jacobs (jjacobs@currantmedia.com):
> Hi there!  Iım bumbling my way around Interchange and am enjoying the
> challenge! Its like a huge mystery requiring lots of research and
> exploration.  But Iım excited at all of the possibilities this software
> offers.  I think once I get the hang of it I can offer my customers some
> great products for a lot less money then my competitors.  I tried to tackle
> learning Interchange about a year ago, but was too intimidated and
> overwhelmed.  I think Iıve reached the skill level and Interchangeıs web
> based interface (specially the template editor) has met me half way so now
> we are a good match.
>
> Iım using Interchange v.4.8.3 with Red Hat Linux 7.2 and Iıve created a
> catalog with the foundation theme / type and Iım having problems with the
> options (regarding the pricing of multiple values), adding JavaScript to a
> new template in order to create rollover buttons and getting the thumb(nail)
> images to show up in the catalog.
>
> I have three questions:
>
> 1) I'm trying to figure out which options type to use for an Alaska Cruise
> Product item in a travel agency e-commerce like web site.  This is how the
> pricing is described in their brochure:
>
> Grand Alaska I - 2212 € Seabourn Spirit € 10 Days
>
> Suite Category                  Full Cruise         Early Booking Savings
> Owner's Suite OW                $18,299             $9,150
> Double Suite DS                   $13,599             $6,780
> Classic Suite CS                   $12,599             $6,300
> Suite Deck 6 B3                   $10,799             $5,400
> Suite Deck 5 B2                   $9,499               $4,750
> Suite Deck 6 A3                   $8,399               $4,200
> Suite Deck 5 A2                   $7,749               $3,875
> Suite Deck 4 A1                   $7,399               $3,700
> Suite Deck 4 A                     $6,999               $3,500
>
> I tried using the simple type, but could not get the pricing to work.  I
> even tried changing the meta of the pricing, with restarting Interchange
> (using the proper restart command), but the foundation catalog does not seem
> to want to accept more than two extra pricings from options.  I looked over
> the sample data as a reference for this information.  I also searched the
> mailing list and Interchange reference info but could not find any more
> wisdom.

This is a clear case of wanting matrix options. Start by keeping
simple options and creating two option groups:

code: 1
o_group: cabin
sku: GACRUISE
o_value:    A=Owner's Suite OW,
	    B=Double Suite DS,
	    C=Classic Suite CS,
	    D=Suite Deck 6 B3,
	    E=Suite Deck 5 B2,
	    F=Suite Deck 6 A3,
	    G=Suite Deck 5 A2,
	    H=Suite Deck 4 A1,
	    J=Suite Deck 4 A

code: 2
o_group: timing
sku: GACRUISE
o_value:    E=Early booking, L=No early booking

Once you get those into the simple option types, change the option type
to matrix, edit, and click "Create all possible combinations". That will
create all of GACRUISE-A-E, GACRUISE-B-E, etc.At that point, you can put
in the price for each one.

It is possible to preformat an option list in a spreadsheet and
upload, too. Just export the file you created using this method
and edit. Upload it back and you should be able to create new
packages via spreadsheet.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon