[ic] SQL update problems

Scott Andreas interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Feb 5 18:14:00 2002

Hello list
We're using Interchange as a catalog mail order clearing house and contact
management
Which so far is work excellently

I'm trying to update certain records based on where criteria. Here is what I
have

[query list=1
	table=catalogs
	st=db
	sql="UPDATE catalogs
		SET shipmode = 0, catdropdate = `$tag->time{%Y%M%d}`
		WHERE country = 'US' AND show_qty = '1' AND shipmode = '1' AND completed
!= '1'

"]

In my error log...

/admin/update_contacts.html Bad SQL statement: Parse error near
`$tag->time{%Y%M%d}`
> 		WHERE country = 'US' AND show_qty = '1' AND mv_shipmode = '1' AND
completed != '1'

It appears that the problem is $tag... but how can I put an update time
stamp on the row?

Also how can I display the rows effected by the UPDATE

J. Scott Andreas :)
IS/Programmer/WebDevelopement
Learning Services, Inc.
e-mail: sandreas@learningservicesinc.com