[ic] Need exact matches in category not substring (WHERE = vs. WHERE LIKE %%)

John Young interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Feb 6 15:57:03 2002

Mike promptly replied:
> You have found a bug, thank you!

No, thank you, Mike!!!   I was really hoping that if there was a problem,
that I could contribute the fix myself; however, I am not to that level
of expertise, yet.  I then hoped that yourself or perhaps someone like
Racke or Kevin would see my question and have it ring a bell.

For you to reply almost immediately is amazing and deeply appreciated.

> > The real fix is this patch to lib/Vend/Search.pm:
>
> That won't be the real fix -- it has a bit of duplicated code. I am testing
> and committing the real patch to CVS as I write.

Excellent.  The sign of a proud parent!  I have a CVS account, so I'll
go and take a look.  I studied the history of Dbsearch.pm in CVS
yesterday, but my brain fried completely before I got too deeply
into Search.pm.

Thanks, again!
John