[ic] Form mail with Interchange

Fri Feb 8 04:34:01 2002

Quoting Stefan Hornburg (Racke) (racke@linuxia.de):
> Mike Heins <mheins@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > Quoting Paul Jordan (paul@gishnetwork.com):

> > > If you just want the info emailed to you, then you can use a standard
> > > formmail script.  Do a www search for FormMail. You will prob find Matt
> > > Wrights site, which you can download the scripts and directions. It is very
> > > easy and works within IC, but you will need to have a cgi-bin.
> >
> > If you do use that script, which I don't really recommend, please
> > secure it against spammers.
>
> Reads: Everything labeled with Matt Wright should go into
> /dev/null or similar devices immediately.
>
> Writing FormMail replacements isn't that hard.

If you want to see my first CGI script, you can go to

    ftp://ic.redhat.com/pub/minivend3/unsupported/

and look at "guestnik.tar.gz".

This was originally written before I learned Perl 5, circa 1994. I was a
rank amateur at that point, but I still think it is better than
formail.pl. Certainly more secure -- it makes you set the email address
in a config file and uses taint checking.

I think I updated it late in 1995 to support Perl 5 and use POD
documentation. It still runs on Perl 4.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

People who want to share their religious views with you
almost never want you to share yours with them. -- Dave Barry