[ic] Running perl code as part of an order route...

Malcolm Webb interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Feb 10 18:57:00 2002

Hi-

I've read through the doc, and have tried to do this several different
ways, but I am not able to get it working.

What I would like to do is kick off a perl script to do some processing
as part of an order (after credit card has been approved). This
processing involves making calls to the local file system.

>From looking at the doc, it seems as though I would need to create a
custom "commit" order route and include it in the list of routes to get
executed as part of an order.

I did this, but I keep getting this error message:

<path to>/process.html Safe: Illegal division by zero at (eval 234)
line 1.

>From further reading through the doc, it appears that this error is
related to the limitations imposed by the Safe module, and the way to
work around this is to create a Global subroutine.

So I created one.

But I am still getting the same error message! Does anyone know how to
execute some perl code without being restricted by Safe as part of an
order route?

And is there somewhere in the doc where this is described in more
detail (perhaps with some sample code)

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

=====
Best Regards,