[ic] n32/auto/GDBM_File/GDBM_File.so: gdbm_open

Tue Feb 12 15:04:00 2002

Quoting Darren Bayliss (darrenb@spgroup.co.uk):
> Hello all,
> 	I have been attempting to install interchange on and off for a few
> months now and in the process, i have come across several different errors,
> all of which have been resolved by myself or users in the interchange group
> (thank you). The latest problem was that in order to install some of the
> perl modules, i needed a mips pro compiler. I finally got it installed and
> in the process perl version 5004.04 was installed and the version 5005.03
> was removed (shot in the foot). Therefore, i installed perl version 5.6.1
> which installed no problem. the install also required gdbm-1.8.0 and
> db-3.2.9-sgipl1, which were duly installed.
>
> The horror now is that when i restart interchange i get the following error:
>

> Do you want me to start it as 'interch' now? [y]
> The Interchange server was not running
> (/usr/local/interchange/etc/interchange.pid).
> Low traffic settings.
> Calling UI......UI is loaded...
> Interchange V4.8.3
> Configuring catalog foundation...12458:/usr/freeware/bin/perl: rld: Fatal
> Error: attempted access to unresolvable symbol in
> /usr/freeware/lib/perl5/5.6.1/irix-n32/auto/GDBM_File/GDBM_File.so:
> gdbm_open

Suggest you recompile gdbm1.7.3 (available at CPAN/src/misc and then
link in the library statically in your next Perl build.

To do that, after building GDBM and installing the libraries in
/usr/local/lib (and headers in /usr/local/include) you need to edit
config.sh after running Perl's Configure script.

Remove GDBM_File from the dynamic libary list (dynamic_ext='Foo Bar ...')
and add it to the static library list (static_ext=' '), which is usually
empty.

Then run "make test" and make sure it passes 100%.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

"All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and
then success is sure." -- Mark Twain